Even people who don't normally follow astrology become concerned when Mercury goes into retrograde. They might not know or understand anything else about astrology but they definitely get more agitated.
As an aside, I find it funny that people who don't even believe in astrology wonder how Mercury will affect their lives. It's like when I read tarot cards at 13 Magickal Moons of Occoquan, VA (yes...I'm their biggest fan! What's it to you? :) ) and people are afraid to come into the shop or touch anything in it because they might CATCH THE WITCH or something. But they're willing to sit down with...ahem...a Witch (the pentacle should be a big giveaway!) who hardly knows anything about you and let him tell your future. Somehow, everything else around you is BIZARRE? Yeah, right. You're just not ready to accept it all yet. But I digress.
This Mercury retrograde has been bitchy for many reasons. Here are just a few of the bizarre, Mercury-related happenings:
- I have been getting more traffic on this blog--THANK YOU!!--and I haven't posted for nearly a month.
- People in my life have either been talking too little or too much. I have been trying to contact people who have dropped off the face of the planet since the retrograde began, but I've also had to tell people to talk less. There's just no happy medium right now.
- I've pulled the Magician tarot card--who represents Mercury--twice in my daily tarot readings in the past few weeks and he's come up a lot more for my clients.
- I ran out of business cards, an important communication medium, and had to order more because of an upcoming conference. Hopefully this won't come back to bite me in the ass; just watch and half the words will be cut off. [To Mercury: THAT IS NOT A REQUEST!]
- I almost did a major Mac operating system upgrade that had failed miserably before. Luckily I did a quick tarot reading--there should have never even been a question of my doing it, folks, if I'm following my own counsel--and it told me in no uncertain terms to let it go (The Hanged Man) and just walk away.
To top it all off, this is the SECOND time I posted this blog! It was up earlier today and everything was fine until I decided to add "astrology" as a category. Blogger DELETED THE WHOLE POST!! I was so irritated, but not surprised.
[PS: If anyone got an email copy of that post, please email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will thank you profusely, and then re-post it here. I wasn't smart enough to keep a copy during Mercury retrograde. Who's the fool now??]
How have you been doing with this retrograde? Anything happen? Put a comment at the bottom and let me know--assuming Blogger doesn't decide to go all Mercury retrograde and delete this one, too--how you've been faring.