Thursday, September 2, 2021

Interview with Jupiter, Part 8

John: Thanks so much for all your time educating us, Jupiter. I know my readers appreciate it! 

Jupiter: You’re welcome! I’m always prepared to hold forth on pretty much any topic. 

John: I sort of figured that one, Jupiter. [consults iPad] So there are some people who consider you the “Good Time Charlie” of the astrological planets. 

Jupiter: Sure, a lot of people see me that way! People look forward to seeing me. I tend to bring lots of luck and personal freedom. Every 12 years I come around and help people to expand and move forward. Those 12 years intervals tend to bring good fortune! 

John: Yes, that’s absolutely true. We know that every 12 years, you return to the place in our charts where you were at our birth. We know it as a “Jupiter return”. And I have a great personal example of that. 

Jupiter: Oh I love these stories! Do tell! 

John: And I can speak to your blessings for certain. When I had my Jupiter return near my 24th birthday, you brought my wife to me. We were married within one month of that return in my personal chart! 

Jupiter: [beams] Wow, that’s excellent! She was definitely a blessing. 

John: Best thing that ever happened to me, for certain! But it doesn’t always work out that well for everyone, in spite of your influence. 

Jupiter: [pause] I suspect it’s the return of Negative Ned… 

John: [holds a hand up] Your influence can be positive, and it would be great if that happened all the time, but maybe we can talk about how you manifested in someone’s life and it wasn’t the way you’d hoped? 

Jupiter: Well, I mean…nobody’s perfect but I’d love an example, because nothing jumps immediately to mind...

John: How about Marilyn Monroe?

Jupiter: Damn it all. You have to bring HER up? [sigh]

John: At her 3rd Jupiter return, your influence brought her a huge blessing: A starring role in a big movie. But there was something else that you didn’t intend: In addition to blessing Marilyn with this amazing opportunity, you also expanded her ego. She became a diva, and eventually, the studio fired her because she was impossible to work with. 

Jupiter: [sigh] I guess you’re right. But I give it my best. 

John: Clearly you did in Marilyn’s case. 

Jupiter: [pause] Come on…that is beneath you, John. 

John: No, it isn’t. It’s a fair and balanced assessment of your influence, Jupiter. Nothing more and nothing else. But there’s no doubt that you can have a very positive, liberating influence on us as well. 

Jupiter: I’m glad for that at least. Do I have time for one last moment to provide a takeaway for the audience? 

John: I don’t know that I could stop you, Jupiter, but you have my permission to proceed. 

Jupiter: [gets up from his chair and bows to John] Good people, I’m a lot of fun to be around. Travel the world, learn new things, study and teach, and share your opinions widely. And remember…you only live once, so who cares about the consequences? YOLO, good people…which is a shortened form of one of my favorite sayings: You only live once! And hopefully soon you will be traveling again!

No comments:

Post a Comment