Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Sun vs. Saturn: Truth and Consequences

Sun: Come in, Saturn. Have a seat.

Saturn: Thank you, sir. 

Sun: Do you know why you're here?

Saturn: My behavior during the last meeting, sir. 

Sun: Yes, of course. But it's not just that. You haven't been the same since you returned from your last retrograde. 

Saturn: No, sir. 

Sun: Want to tell me why?

Saturn: No, sir, I don't. I'd rather you just hand me my punishment, which I will accept. 

Sun: It's not going to be that easy this time, Old Man. 

Saturn: I don't understand why not. 

Sun: Because we see leadership differently; you expect actions and consequences, but I'd prefer not to see problems recur.

Saturn: Your authority over these planets is questionable at best, sir. 

Sun: Well, good leaders ask for feedback. Let's take the situation from the summer regarding your door. What could I have done as a leader to prevent what happened?

Saturn: [PAUSE] You want me to speak freely?

Sun: Yes, of course. That's not just what I WANT; it's what I expect from you. 

Saturn: You're not a strong leader. You seem to let others do what they want in meetings without coming down on them immediately. Then they assume they can do what they want without consequences, and then incidents like this happen. 

Sun: So if I understand you correctly, you want more structure from me with others so they won't assume that I tolerate their bad behavior. 

Saturn: Correct. 

Sun: Hmmmm. I will take that under advisement, Saturn, which is not a way of saying "I will ignore the problem." I will consider what you've said carefully. 

Saturn: Good. 

Sun: Unfortunately, I cannot allow your recent behavior to slide, either. So you're on administrative leave until Libra sun begins.

Saturn: And the terms of the suspension?

Sun: You will perform no work for about half a week. You will turn in the key to your office until September 22. Lady Moon will hold it, and on that date, you will go to her desk and she will return it to you.

Saturn: This punishment is ridiculous, sir. You're deliberately putting me out of action for a few days. 

Sun: Yes. Perhaps you can take some of that time to consider how you perceive my "authority" and how we can better work together to make our interactions less...Saturnian. 

Saturn: Perhaps.

Sun: You're dismissed, Old Man. Go home. I don't want to see your face until I move into Libra. That's an order. 

Saturn: [gets up] Yes, sir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment