Saturday, April 28, 2018

Four Tarot Queens, One Reader, No Waiting?

[knocking on door]

John: Hold on...I'll be right there!

[opens the door to see four well-dressed ladies]

John: Can I...help you ladies with something?

Queen of Wands: I told you I'd be back, John!

John: I see that, dear lady. And I see you brought friends. 

Queen of Wands: You're procrastinating again!

Queen of Swords: Technically, dear, he has been procrastinating for some time. 

Wands: Ah, yes...of course, you're right! So what's your excuse?

Queen of Cups: No need to be rude, is there? [making her way forward to face the Queen of Wands] Why don't we start with 'Good afternoon!' and then go from there? [smiles]

Queen of Pentacles: And we're taking time away from him when he could be working on his next book.

Wands: Ladies, the next book is MINE! He said so! 

Swords: He has the right to change his mind. 

John: I'm sort of re-doing my office today, ladies. 

Jen: [from upstairs] John? What got delivered? I need some help.

John: [raising voice] No delivery, honey. Be up soon! [addressing Queens] See what I mean? 

Pentacles: We understand that your time is valuable. Any chance we can come see you soon?

John: Ummm yeah I guess. 

Swords: People want to know how to use us,  and that nice lady in the Tarot Nerds group suggested this topic. So we need to chat and soon. 

John: Fine. We'll talk this week. Happy?

Wands: [points at John] If you blow us off, we're coming back!

Cups: [to Queen of Wands] So angry! [to John] Thanks for your time. We hope to see you soon.

[John nods and closes the door]

Pentacles: Well that was a waste of time. Where's the closest restaurant?

Swords: I'm "hailing" our Uber. It's five minutes out. 

Cups: First round is on me, ladies!

Wands: He'd better not mess with us! And three visits and he hasn't invited me in once!

No comments:

Post a Comment