Thursday, April 26, 2018

Random Meanderings

Greetings and salutations, good people! I figured I'd take a moment for a quick word from me about how things are going in my world. In one quick word, BUSY. 

Those of you who know me well are aware that "busy" is usually the status quo for me, but in some cases, it's even been a little overwhelming for me, which is saying something!

Anyway, here are some of the things happening in my world right now!

1) Maryland Psychic Fair--This event was last weekend and Jen and I had an amazing time. It was an exceptionally busy and fun day, and I'd like to thank everyone who turned up. This was the first time this fair has been offered and considering the number of people that came--I was told over 700 people for 30+ vendors!--we'll definitely do it again next year. It was not far from Annapolis in Gambrills, MD.

2) Video games--Unfortunately my desire to work has only whetted my appetite for video games. I bought Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel for PS4, while Jen grabbed the latest in the FarCry Series, FarCry 5. Let me tell you that FarCry 5 is amazing and extremely scary, especially considering the current world situation. Jen spent countless hours killing cultists on the screen and I was totally mesmerized. 

3) Morgana--We received some very sad news a few weeks ago. Our cat Morgana has been diagnosed with cancer. We're exceptionally sad about this development, and at nearly 14 years old we've decided we're not going to put her through chemotherapy or more invasive tests. We're going to enjoy the time we have left with her. 

4) Guest Bloggers--A special thanks to astrologer Tara Appezzato and burgeoning writer Ren Armstrong for their contributions to this blog. I have plans to ask at least two more people to share their talents with us and hope to have more details to share in the near future. 

5) SOTA--The State of the Art Astrology Conference is in Buffalo, New York, as usual, this October 18-23. I highly encourage everyone to consider going; I've mentioned this event in several other blogs, and I'll be speaking on tarot again this year. This is a small, wonderful conference that I can't recommend highly enough. 

6) Graduation--After three long years of study, I'm scheduled to graduate this June from the Midwest School of Astrology with my Certificate of Astrological Proficiency. The final required seminars, competency exam, and the graduation ceremony itself are all in early to mid-June so I won't have many card reading dates during that time. 

7) Astrology Charts--If you'd like a chart done, now is the time to schedule one before the prices go up in mid-June. If you schedule a chart for any time before May 31, it will be $100.

8) Ready for spring--Northern Virginia weather has confounded me even more than usual this spring, so I can't wait for it to finally arrive. I hate having to turn on the AC during the day and then the heat at night!

As always, I appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you across my table soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment