Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Looking Back and Looking Forward

Hope you're enjoying an evening with Neptune tonight, folks. My most recent vacation took a lot out of me, so I'm staying in for a nice relaxing New Year's Eve with my beloved. I've never been a big party person anyway, so I usually go low-key for ringing in the New Year. 

Tonight is a Sidhe moon, the second dark moon in a month, and it's a great time for self-reflection. 2013 has been all over the place for me personally. 

I feel like I'm tired from this year, but overall, I'm reminded of how truly blessed I am. 

In that vein, and before I forget, I'd like to take a moment to thank the Wiccan community at 13 Magickal Moons and the Tradition of the Witches Circle for not only their patronage but also for their support and assistance this past year. I wouldn't be who I am without all of you, and while I try to thank people personally, I want to make sure you know how much you mean to me. 

For me, I'd say one of the biggest low points was the government shutdown, which made a lot of people in the Capitol region very unhappy--me included. So many suffered, but at least the suffering is over, hopefully at least. And it appears my days with the DC Tarot Society are over; January 4 will be the last meeting of the group unless someone takes over for outgoing organizer and founder Geraldine. Before you ask, no, it's not going to be me...I already have too much to do. But I hope someone decides to step up. 

The highs outweighed the lows, though. Fatherhood seemed to be a theme for the year for me. I became a father to my Pele, who is as I write this blog at my ankles purring. I also became a Godfather for the first time to a wonderful little boy, Marcus Alexander Harvey. "Godfather" is a title that I never thought I'd have, to be honest, so I'm totally thrilled!

2014 holds more challenges. While I'm not a fan of resolutions for many reasons, I'd like to get my non-fiction tarot book done and hopefully out to a publisher. More weight loss would be great, too. And I'd like to write a few more blogs. Yes, Saturn is always hoping I'll go on a schedule...

I'm also looking forward to Friday night, where I will guide another group of Witches on a fantastic spiritual journey with the Tradition of the Witches Circle in Witchcraft 101. Hopefully I will learn as much from them as they do from me. But it's definitely exciting!

I look forward to reading for the first time in the New Year at 13 Magickal Moons (www.13magickalmoons.com) on Saturday, January 4, from 11:30-5:30. I hope you can join us. It's usually busy so be prepared to shop while you wait! 

I wish you and yours success, happiness, prosperity, and joy in 2014. May the Lord and Lady bless you abundantly and often!


No comments:

Post a Comment