Monday, July 7, 2014

Random Meanderings for Your Return to Work

1) OK, so July 4th was a really amazing weekend overall. But it sounded like a war zone at my house! Seriously, people...I'm all for embracing the holiday but after 10:30-11:00pm people want to go to bed. And how much do you want to freak out my cats?! If that was your goal, you were wildly successful. I can only imagine what people with PTSD from our various wars think of it. 

2) If you have never attended a "quote along" movie at the Alamo Draft House--for NOVA peeps, it's up in Ashburn, but they have them all over--you really should! It was a whole lot of fun. One of my all-time favorites, "Team America: World Police", was the quote-along movie for July 4th weekend and it was AMAZING! I don't know if I should be impressed or concerned that I know the words to all the songs by heart, especially when the lyrics include "so lick my butt and suck on my balls!" But there it is. 

3) More posts are planned on basic astrology. There's only 2300 years worth of stuff to look at, so I'm pretty sure I won't run out of material. 

4) I love animals very much, and would love to see all stray cats and dogs get homes and not languish  in shelters. With that said, I don't need to see evidence of abused or neglected animals on my social media feeds. I get that you're going for shock value. On my FaceBook, that gets your ass hidden. Thanks for understanding. 

5) I'm always wary of donating money to causes, and you should be as well. Make sure to the extent you can that the funds you donate are going to organizations that are worthy and manage their money well. Way too many of them don't take their role seriously. Just because they are not for profit doesn't mean that the people who run them are trustworthy, ethical or upstanding. 

6) "Glove and Boots" is a YouTube video series that I have totally fallen in love with. It's definitely bizarre but I get a good laugh every time. If you haven't discovered them yet, I encourage you to take a look. I must admit that "Johnny T" is my favorite character. For a more dark humored set of videos, I'd check out "Llamas with Hats", which is funny for all the wrong reasons. 

7) If there's some metaphysical topic you want to see addressed on this blog, folks, it couldn't be simpler. Write a comment or write me an email at hierophant@cox.net.

8) Saturn is applauding my recent increase in blog posts, but he is still upset that there's no discernible pattern. I guess my problem is that I'm still trying to make the Old Man happy. Perhaps we'll hear from him again soon. 

9) WARNING--SHAMELESS MARKETING: The dates and times I am reading tarot at 13 Magickal Moons in Occoquan, VA, are now also listed on a page in this blog. Take a look! 

Hope your 4th was awesome! See you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment