Monday, June 29, 2015

Suppressive Saturnian Struggles

Temple of Saturn in Rome

Dear Saturn,

You and I have had our differences in the past. But I wanted to clear the air, since you and I both know what's coming.

Your cycle is well-known, Old Man. You come back to our natal point every 28-29 years, and so every seven years or so, we experience a clash to its natal position in our chart--a square or an opposition, and if we're lucky, two or three conjunctions in the span of a lifetime.

In this case, you've gone nearly halfway through your cycle for me. When I was born, you were sitting at 5 Gemini. You're now going retrograde through Scorpio, but that will change soon and you will be moving into the sign that opposes Gemini, Sagittarius. 


I've already taken a look, sir, and it appears that you will be exactly opposing my natal Saturn position on November 11. I'm already feeling some of the effects, since you already crossed this point earlier this year and then retrograded back over it.

As you head toward an exact opposition to my natal Saturn, there are some potentially nasty effects that can come with it for me: 
  • Depression; 
  • Pushing against boundaries; 
  • Re-evaluating responsibilities; 
  • Feeling worthless or overwhelmed; and 
  • Heavy obligations of all kinds. 

I know it's not personal...this sort of thing could happen to anyone experiencing a "Saturn transit". 

With all that said, I'm here to remind you that even though you'll say you're just doing your job, it is fucking personal to me. And don't even try to fucking tell me that I'm not using dignified language.

Anyway, I wanted you to be very much aware that while I might not have understood what was going on seven years ago when you were squaring my natal Saturn, I "get it" now. 
I'm onto you, Old Man. And while it may have taken me more than 40 years to figure it out, you can bet that I'm going to put that knowledge to good use. 

The point is simple: I've got way too much fun stuff going on this summer and fall to allow you to ruin it. Check this out: My sister is dropping in for a visit in a few days. My niece's birthday is later this week, and my oldest niece leaves for graduate school in a few weeks. My 20th wedding anniversary is coming up in early August. I start astrology college in September at the Midwest School of Astrology, and I've got a fantastic cruise vacation then, too. I know a number of special people getting married this fall, and I've got the State of the Art (SOTA) astrology conference in October, during my birthday. In November, the next game in a series that I LOVE is coming out. I've got Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum just waiting for me on my computer right now. And in addition to all this, Jen's got some books coming out. While you may abhor fiction, they're important to her and to me, and a legitimate cause for celebration.

St. Augustine once said of astrology, "The stars may impel, but they cannot compel." There's no doubt that you will have an influence on me, as you always have and always will. But in the end, how I react to your bullshit is my choice.

I do have tremendous respect for you, Old Man, so I'm taking the time to make absolutely sure there's no misunderstanding between us. So please read the next paragraph very carefully. Take your time and peruse it until understanding occurs.

For the record, I categorically, absolutely and totally REFUSE to acquiesce to your "episodes". I will not allow you to dictate, manipulate or otherwise attempt to control my behavior. You can push, but I can push back harder...have you MET ME? You helped create me, so you ought to know. But go ahead and test me. I will pass with flying colors and flip you off while I do it, laughing all the way.

I don't think you get who you're fucking dealing with, Old Man. But you're about to find out.

I wish you an amazing summer and fall, because that's what I intend to have, in spite of your attempts to derail them.

I look forward to your inevitable reply.

Very truly yours,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment