Saturday, July 18, 2015

Letters from Saturn: Struggle All You Want!

Dear John,

I must admit that I was not truly surprised and more than a little disappointed to read your last missive. I've read it several times before taking the opportunity to reply.

Since you seem so dead set on blaming me for your problems, I accept. No argument here. To be honest, I suspect no argument would work anyway.

I totally agree that I can be the prick of the astrological planets, and considering the time frame we are discussing, your invective is understandable. You seem to do an excellent job of rallying your readers against me, and honestly, I deserve it. So go ahead...pound away with your "greater malefic" nonsense. If I stayed up nights worrying about how people thought about me, maybe I'd care, but honestly, I don't.  

I don't understand why you continue to adore the status quo. Over time, things change; that's a given. Right now you've got to understand that this cycle will end eventually. When you were in high school it was happening and you didn't even know it in the throes of your teenage existential angst. And now as an ADULT you want to be pissed off; that's rich!

You don't seem open to what I have to say right now, so I won't keep you long. But I will have the last word, which is this: You need to do a better job of seeing the positive in me, or else you will end up like me: A bitter old man who delights in showing people how they don't measure up.

Suck it up, buttercup. I'm coming to 5 Sagittarius on November 11 and there's nothing you can do to stop me. 

Dutifully yours, 

Saturn

P.S.: While you're at it, why don't you try talking to the Moon about stopping her tides? She'll at least listen when I won't, so you've got a better chance of making that happen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment