Sunday, August 28, 2011

ROW80: Behind the Eight (Ball) of Cups

Ok, so I've been away from my blog for a little while, and I'm way overdue for another blog post.

Things have been nutty in my life, and as such my ROW80 work has suffered. Throw in an earthquake and a hurricane, an upcoming getaway weekend, and a new class to teach for good measure and things have not gone according to plan. At the moment, I'm probably 17 cards or so behind now, and the finish line is September 21st if my calculations are correct.

The Eight of Cups is a card about a spiritual journey, and this exercise is definitely that for me. It's showing me how to write a larger work so I can do so again in the future. But the Eight of Cups is also a card of weariness, and there have been times when I've questioned my ability to finish all 78 cards in time. Luckily for me, I have a business trip for training the week before it ends, and since I'll have very little to do where I'm going when I'm not in class I should be able to catch up. I did a few more cards today and I'm starting to get a feel for how things should come about for each card. That's a good thing. Getting to the end is just going to require what people used to call "sticktuitiveness". :)

Anyway, here's to hoping you are doing well; for those of you on the East Coast, I hope your power is restored soon and that you and yours are safe and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment