Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Random Meanderings, March 2015

It's been a while since I chimed in, folks. So here I am with some random meanderings:

1) No one gives a fuck about the speed limits on I-95. 

It doesn't really matter where you are. I was driving back to MA last week and let me tell you that while it may say "55", I was doing 70 just to keep up with people. There were plenty of police out there but no one batted an eyelash. 

Pretty much as long as you're under 80, they'll leave you alone. 

2) My beloved is back on the writing trail!

The lovely and talented Jennifer Wells is back and will be re-releasing her first book, Magick Charm, with a novella and two sequels coming. 

Follow her blog to stay on top of the details. If you're on Facebook, check out her new, improved author page

3) Congratulations to my nephew! 

A warm congratulations to Evo Fearnley on his recent confirmation. If you like video game blogs, please check his out here. You can also follow him on Twitter (@Nerd_Mash). He and I like many of the same games. 

4) My web site is down for now, so come here! 

If you were looking for hierophanttarot.com and were directed here, good! I'm debating on whether or not to keep it or do a full re-design of it. If you go to that site, you will be re-directed here automatically. 

Not to worry, though! All the information you need is on the right hand side of the first page (tarot reading dates, code of ethics, etc.). Write to me at hierophant@cox.net should you need anything else. 

5) The Boston accent is alive and well!

WICKED AWESOME NEWS! I had been concerned for some time that the accent was dying out. Thankfully, I was wrong. I recently spent some time up that way only to find out that it is very much still there.

When I had to tell a lady that I didn't live in the area anymore, she said, "And you dared to come back?" I couldn't help my response: "Well, I have to come back and give my parents a hard time about their accents." 

6) Don't travel with ice cream and expect it to stay frozen, even when in a cooler with ice in the wintertime. 

This may seem obvious but I had to learn this one the hard way. I was looking forward to those damn Hoodsie cups! 

7) Congratulations to the recent graduates of ToWC 501!

Last night, Samantha and I were proud to preside over the graduation ceremony of two new Advanced Priests and six new Advanced Priestesses. It's a long road but you made it! We couldn't be more proud of all of you May the Lord and Lady guide your steps! 

8) My upcoming presentation at SOTA

I've been asked to speak at the State of the Art (SOTA) Astrology Conference in Buffalo, NY, this October. I'll be discussing the role of the four Queens of the tarot. 

I highly encourage attending this small, friendly conference. I learned a ton last year and can't wait for October. For more information, check out the Web site of the organizer, Donna van Toen, and follow @SOTAAstrology on Twitter or here for Facebook.

9) This winter can end any time now...

It's been particularly cold here in the DC metro area, with more snow forecast for tomorrow. It's nothing compared to the Boston area, where I had to drive so slowly at times because the snow banks are so big you have to look around them in residential areas. Just insane. Go home, winter...you're drunk. :)

10) Tradition of the Witches Circle High Priest/ess (HP) Program

Our program in the past has been by invitation only, but we're going to be opening it up for people to apply. You must be an Advanced Priest/ess to qualify, and will undergo an interview and application process. If you're accepted, you can look forward to several more years of training. 

Keep your eyes peeled for more details, which should be forthcoming shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment