Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Greetings from Neptune

Dear Saturn,

I wanted to take a moment to wish you well as you end another year. Many people don't even know that you're actually the Grim Reaper. OK, let me be clear...I don't want to offend your tender sensibilities. If people know about this, they might think you're less boring!

That didn't come out right, either, did it? Shit. You know I'm not that organized, so sue me. I'm actually trying to be nice. What I MEAN is that you have a very important role in the year as Father Time. That's right...most Americans don't know that you and your Greek counterpart, Chronos--looks like a few words having to do with time, doesn't it??--are pictured with a scythe, when it's time to reap what you have sown. When your time on this earth is up, you come along to tell us that it's the end. On those New Years' decorations, you are the Old Man, signaling the end of this particular year in time, while the baby is the new year being born. While many people fear the Grim Reaper, I don't think they fully understand how important you are in the whole scheme of things.

Anyway, I thank you for your work this past year, and remind you that John still hasn't finished his tarot book yet. He's still finishing the cleanup of the main text, as I recall, and has a few more chapters to type. I'm surprised you're not on him like white on rice, but I'm glad. The man needs a little time off, even if he likes you.

I hope you enjoy 2012, and hope you're taking this world-ending business as seriously as I take your threats to visit New Orleans. :)

Believe,

Neptune

No comments:

Post a Comment