Monday, September 17, 2012

Mayhem and Martinis Re-Joins the Blogosphere!

Another one of my friends has a blog that you should go visit! It's called Mayhem and Martinis. The author is a writer and blogger who recently started posting again after a time off the blog circuit. I'm absolutely thrilled she's back!

One of the reasons I'm so excited to see MM back blogging again is because her husband's family became extremely upset when she blogged about stuff going on in her family. Pressure from her husband eventually forced her to stop. Now I'm all for privacy, but these folks were not identified in any way. 

Blogging should be an outlet where you have the freedom to say whatever the fuck you want, whenever you want. There's a balance, of course...I wouldn't tell my entire life story on a blog, but I want to balance giving information with talking about what is going on in my life and sharing information, which is the point of having a blog in the first place. 

It takes a lot of courage to sit down and write what you're feeling and put it up for people to see, read, and comment on. I know bloggers who have faced family members starting shit and writing nasty comments online. There's always a concern with how what you have written will be perceived, and you're likely to offend somebody. But there's a great liberating feeling in putting it out there.

Anyway, I hope you will go over, check it out and say hello! 

No comments:

Post a Comment