Sunday, April 3, 2016

Ten Random Meanderings to Get Back in the Bathtub

Greetings, good people! It's been quite a while since you heard from me, and Saturn has been bending my ear about it quite regularly...so here are a few random meanderings for you just to keep the old bastard off my ass for a while:

1) New tarot dates

New dates for April, May, and June are posted for readings at 13 Magickal Moons! Apologies for the lateness. The first date is Saturday, April 9. Take a look at the "In Person Readings" link on the right. :)

2) FTL: Faster Than Light is a game that has sucked my entire soul. If you're a Steam Gamer or you have an iPad, you can enjoy this amazing and frustrating experience for $10. It's a space travel and battle game...I've been trying to win for nearly a week. I've promised myself a few more attempts once I finish this blog and hit the gym (see #5 below).

3) Paperback books by Jennifer Wells!

Two of my beloved's books, Magick Charm and Free Spirit, are now available in paperback via Amazon. They are books 1 and 2 of the New Orleans Magick Series. They're already available for Kindle. Despite Jupiter's insistence for more publishing information, my beloved hasn't told him what's coming next...only to sign up for her newsletter to be one of the first to know. (To be fair, she should have told her sun's ruling planet, Mercury, but I was overruled on that point.)

If you're already a fan of Jennifer's books, please write a review on Amazon, Goodreads, or both. As Mercury often says, "Word of mouth drives sales," and Amazon won't start recommending a book until it has 50 reviews. If you've taken the time to do one, even a short one, know it is appreciated!

4) Astrology college studies

A number of you have asked me how my studies are going. In a word, awesome! I'm learning a ton at the Midwest School of Astrology and having a fantastic time learning from Pam and Diane, as well as my other classmates. 

I told myself when I started studying here that I was going to be a sedate, quiet student. Well...that didn't last long. Since I am on chat and NOT on camera--my fellow students are likely happy I'm not, since we know how I am about cameras--I use some hashtags frequently, such as #ilovemychart and #scorpioworlddomination. My classmates and teachers have found out I'm not as Saturnian as my chart suggests. #sorrynotsorry

5) Planet Fitness

So I changed gyms recently and while some people will say "A gym is a gym", I'm really enjoying my Planet Fitness experience. $20 a month includes workouts at any Planet Fitness, free tanning and hyrdromassages--I never miss a workout because I get one afterward every time!--and it's less than five minutes from home. It's less than half the price of my old gym, too. 

What I like most: The culture. I really feel different working out now, like I'm just a regular guy working out with other regular people. My old gym's culture was bodybuilder, and while I was never offended or put off by it, I've never felt as comfortable working out as I do at Planet Fitness.

6) Fucking snow

OK, it seriously fucking snowed here last night. I mean COME ON, Mother Nature. Haven't you seen the calendar? At least the snow didn't stick. But so much for a nice, gentle entry into spring. NoVA weather, go home, you're drunk as usual!

7) Cutting the cord

Since we last spoke, I got rid of cable TV, and honestly, I'm so pleased I did. Not only am I saving more than $100 a month, I'm not having to listen to election coverage. (I can't wait for this cycle to be OVER!) One of the benefits to not watching the news all the time is not having to see the negativity. I'm all for that!

8) Positive change is everywhere!

While I'm not disappointed to not watch the network news (see #7 above), there has been a lot of positive news for people in my personal life. I know of at least three people who are cancer-free after treatment. One lucky couple is tying the knot this fall. And one very special person just passed another test toward getting her dream job. Congratulations all around!

So if you're struggling, please hang in there; everything is temporary. And enjoy those special moments with those you love, because sadly, they're also temporary. WOW. Maybe I'll have to edit that out...a little too Saturnian...but the point is to ENJOY LIFE RIGHT NOW. Jupiter for the win! And Neptune for the wine!

9) Mars Retrograde

Yes, our favorite testosterone-filled planet is going retro. He doesn't do it often, but when he does, he becomes a lot more like his consort, Venus. 

It will happen just after Tax Day, so keep your eyes peeled and watch this space for more information.

[SHAMELESS MARKETING ALERT] To deal with any negative impact, may I recommend a Mars Retrograde candle from 13 Magickal Moons? Actually, I'm going to do so. I think I just did, actually. The point is, go buy one. That is all.

10) Astrology 1, 2, and 3 with the Tradition of the Witches Circle starting up in early May!

By popular demand, all of the astrology series classes will be offered this spring, summer, and fall at 13 Magickal Moons!
Each series is 8 classes long and will occur on Thursday nights from 7-9.

The whole series has been re-vamped to make the information easier to retain as well. So if you've taken it before and struggled, I encourage you to try it again. The dates are all Thursdays:


Astrology 1: May 5, 12, 19, 26; June 2, 9, 16, 23
Astrology 2: July 7, 14, 21, 28; August 4, 11, 18, 25
Astrology 3: September 1, 8, 15, 22; October 6, 13, 20, 27

Astrology 1 deals with the planets and the signs. In Astrology 2, we study the rising sign, the houses, and the basics of chart identification (what and where everything is!). Finally, Astrology 3 will talk about aspects (planetary relationships) in different charts, as well as dignities (planetary strength by sign). 

If you're interested, sign up in person at the shop, call the shop, email the shop or Sam, or email me. We'll get you on that list one way or another.

Thanks for listening, good people! As always, I look forward to seeing you across my table, or in my classroom, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment