Saturday, January 4, 2020

Book Review: Venus and Saturn present "Astrology for Real Relationships" by Jessica Lanyadoo



Venus: Hello, everyone, and welcome to a very special entry today. My colleague Saturn and I are here to talk about a wonderful new book by astrologer Jessica Lanyadoo that came out less than a week ago!

Saturn: [nods] Let me say before we begin that Ms. Lanyadoo is a triple Capricorn--her Sun, Moon and rising signs all resonate with my energy. And this book is a perfect example of what I stand for, but I'll discuss that more later. Please go on, Venus. 

Venus: My thanks, Ancient One. Astrology for Real Relationships is an outstanding collection of information for anyone interested in improving their rapport with anyone, whether they are family, friends, or romantic partners. Of course, with that title, I was very interested in reading it!

Saturn: Speaking personally, I was a big fan of the entire style of this book. It is clear and simple, yet insightful, and its very structure makes me feel comfortable. There was never a question of where to find information, and the work never tried to be something that it was not; in other words, it did not engage in hyperbole.

Venus: And did you see the cover? It's totally adorable! The pastel colors are attractive and alluring, but not jarring to the eye. It draws you right in and makes you feel comfortable. 

Saturn: I felt that the descriptions of the functions of each planet were brief and appropriate for the audience. When people talk astrology sometimes they get overly complicated to impress the reader or make the discipline sound mysterious. True to her Saturnian nature, Ms. Lanyadoo's work is efficient and effective. I knew what to expect every step of the way, and what I also found convenient was that the planetary descriptions figured at the beginning of a number of the chapters so you wouldn't have to go hunting for them.

Venus: Excellent analysis. What did you think of how she described you, Saturn?

Saturn: Well, I was a little bit embarrassed, actually..."sexy meanness" was not a phrase I expected. But I did like the way Ms. Lanyadoo discussed the long-term nature of Saturn folks. Relationships are best when handled in a mature, controlled way. For a person who resonates so well with me, she must also resonate with you, too, Venus, because she really let her creativity shine here. 

Venus: I would agree, dear colleague! I enjoyed the distinction she made with the different types of relationships. One size definitely does not fit all! And Jessica definitely discussed how to work with each of us equally; she didn't give our outer sign colleagues less effort or treatment. It was a true tribute to equality, both in terms of planets and all types of relationships. No one reading this book will feel left out. 

Saturn: In short, Astrology for Real Relationships is an excellent first step for those who want to understand the dynamics of how we function, and no previous experience with astrology is required. While happiness is not an emotion for which I am usually known, it became obvious to me that Ms. Lanyadoo represented Saturn people very well through her consistent hard work, and I share her well-deserved pride at the arrival of this book to the marketplace.

Venus: Wow, Saturn! That's about as close to effusive praise as I've ever heard from you. 

Saturn: Hard work pays off, Venus. It's as simple as that.

Venus: Well, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that Jessica's book is out and available. I looked forward to reading it for a long time! I'm sure it will help many people navigate relationships without extensive astrology knowledge prior to reading. Hopefully it will attract many interested folks and enjoy huge commercial success! If you don't have one, click here for your copy! Remember that the best compliment you can give your author is buying their book, and then reviewing it! [WINK] See you again soon!

Saturn: Before we end, Venus, I did have one question. 


Venus: With pleasure, Ancient One. What is it?

Saturn: [frown] I highly recommend this book, but found a particular concept that confused me on page 94. Ms. Lanyadoo referred to her rules for not knowing a binch

Venus: Well, Saturn...I'm not sure it's something we should get into right now...

Saturn: You see, I think of myself as rather limited lexically speaking...but I wasn't sure if I knew one since the word was new to me. It sounded like something Mars might say, or Jupiter in his jocular, plebeian vernacular. So, do you know if I know a binch? Is it a problem if I know or don't know one?

Venus: Oh Saturn...[smiles]. We should probably go somewhere and talk about that. Tootles everyone!

Astrology for Real Relationships: Understanding You, Me, and How We All Get Along, by Jessica Lanyadoo and T. Greenaway. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Random House. $17.99 at Amazon.com. ISBN 978-1-9848-5624-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment