Sunday, January 22, 2017

Letters from Venus: Humanity Rises to the Challenge

Hello everyone! Venus here. I know you haven't heard much from me recently, and for that you have my sincere apologies. Things sometimes get so ugly there on earth that I just don't feel like talking much. Harmony hasn't been the rule of the day recently, either. I'm sure you understand. Too much ugliness and no harmony makes for a very unhappy Venus. I was struggling with the eternal question: What's a woman to do?

But on Saturday, I got an answer to that question. It was a resounding, full-throated roar from millions of women around the world who stood up in defiance of those who would call us second-class citizens, or treat us that way. It was a glorious global movement that reminded all of us that the rights of all people--any gender, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, or immigration status--are the most fundamental that we have and that each person is entitled to them without question.

I cried tears of joy at what I saw. So many people--men and women alike--came out to remind world governments that they will not be silenced. And they did so in a peaceful way, without violence, without bloodshed, and without bedlam. Sure, it was a little chaotic--this movement did shut down cities worldwide because of its sheer numbers!--but from the reports I'm seeing, people felt great about what they did. And they should! It was amazing.

It's easy to get down on human beings. The universe knows how much trouble they cause in their quest to fulfill their ego needs--power and the like. And to be fair, all of us up here can share in the blame, including yours truly. Much of what people do is motivated by love or money, and I'm a big part of both of those. But honestly, those us up here can only nudge you in certain ways, sometimes through your natal chart positions and oftentimes through transits throughout your lives. But in the end, those choices are yours and yours alone.

Anyway, what made me so happy this past weekend is that human beings chose to support each other, and they did it in such a global way that emphasized togetherness and not divisions. I was so proud of everyone--those who marched, those who protected the marchers from harm, and those who supported them.

Here's to hoping that this spirit of human kindness and cooperation can continue in the face of the pervasive inequality that exists in the world. May the leaders of the world realize the obligation they have to their people and address these problems instead of enacting policies to exacerbate them. Sounds like I'll need to have a chat with Saturn about that, right?

Cooperation. Kindness. Compassion. Love. I can nudge you in the right direction, good people, but you need to take it a step further, just like you did this past weekend. Please keep it up!

Love,

Venus

PS: So I'm sort of going retrograde in early March, but let's not talk about that right now...thanks for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment