Thursday, February 9, 2017

Letters from Venus: Red Tuesday and Retrogrades

Good evening, everyone! Venus here to wish you a very happy Valentine's Day season.

It's a great time of year, no doubt about that. People really outdo themselves showing others how much they care, and that always makes me truly happy. But one of the saddest parts of this season is when things don't go quite as planned and people's feelings get trampled. 

Anyway, I was surfing the 'Net the other day and saw that there was a phenomenon know as "Red Tuesday", and I had never heard of it before. But I thought it was an extension of the holiday, like, "This is the lead-up to Valentine's Day." It sure sounded good...until I started looking into it further. 

And then I was sad, because Red Tuesday is apparently the Tuesday you should be breaking up with someone before Valentine's Day if your relationship isn't going the way you want. I guess this is really a thing. Breakups are hard enough, but putting someone through that pain a week before Valentine's Day? That sounds like cruel and unusual punishment. It's like saying, "Sure, I'll be yours...until someone better comes along." There's a person with feelings in there, you jerk! Sorry...I got carried away, but you see what I mean, don't you?

And as an aside, John didn't know about Red Tuesday either until one of his Taurus friends told him about it. Good on you, sister, for keeping him informed at least. 

Anyway, being an astrological planet has its highs and lows, and I get to see people in the throes of love and passion, and then watch relationships crumble. That second part is the part I hate. Sometimes it's necessary for both people to grow, but that's my head talking and not my heart, trust me! 

Once you get through Valentine's Day, then, unfortunately for all of you, I'll be on vacation soon afterward. I go retrograde starting in early March for nearly six weeks. With people in the world exceptionally upset and angry now, I need the vacation. I've got the perfect place picked out: It's a gorgeous house outside of Reno, Nevada. Hopefully, I'll be able to actually get there; they've been getting record snows and I could use the time to myself. Mars has to stay and work and this gives me the opportunity to really see how I work on a more personal level.

While I'm away, I have a few tips:

1) Please do NOT ask Mars for relationship advice. His bedroom skills may reign supreme, but his brain generally is the one between his legs. Ask pretty much any of the other planets, but not him. PLEASE. 

2) Know that relationships that are under stress will face additional stressors while I'm gone. No decisions, though, until I get back. You don't want to make the wrong call in your romantic life.

3) Stick with your current wardrobe. You don't want to change brands right now or try to figure out your personal style.

I think that's it for now. But I'd like to wish John and his beloved Jen a very happy Valentine's Day! They have been valentines for 24 years this year. Hope you crazy kids have a fantastic time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment