Sunday, February 26, 2017

Random Meanderings

Greetings dear readers! I hope you had an amazing weekend. In no particular order, here are few random meanderings for you.

  1) You may have noticed some changes to the blog page. There is now a calendar on the links to the right on the main page; look under "Events". It will give you my schedule a couple of months ahead. I promise to do my best to keep it updated with the appropriate details for each event. It will include readings at 13 Magickal Moons and will have private events blocked off, so if you're interested in scheduling something you can start there!

  2) For those of you who are Civilization 6 players, I've managed to win as the Aztecs and the Germans this week on Warlord level. I think I also got in one win on Prince level as the Americans, but the AI civilizations gang up on you. Jerks.

3) I'm off to Cincinnati this coming weekend for a seminar at the Midwest School of Astrology, featuring America's premier classical astrologer, Dr. Lee Lehman. Horary and medical astrology are both on the agenda. I know I'm going to come home happy, tired, and with a very full brain.

  4) On my way out west, I'll be stopping for the evening in Wheeling, WV, and if you live in the area I hope you'll stop into Centre Cup Coffee...I'll be there reading cards and signing books starting at 6:00pm. It's this Thursday, March 2.

  5) This warm weather has been like the spring that we won't actually have here in northern Virginia. If you were saying "It's felt like spring," I suspect you just experienced it.  Hope you had a great time.

6) The next book in my In Their Own Words tarot series is in progress. I hope that the Wands installment will be available soon. My beloved, Virgo that she is, cracks a mean whip. 

  7) I had a great time last Sunday at the NCGR Conference in Baltimore, MD, where many of the brightest astrological stars--pun intended--came out to present. I was only able to be there Sunday, but saw some fantastic presentations and met up with a few old friends, and also met a few new ones. 

  8) A sincere "thank you" to everyone who has purchased In Their Own Words: The Major Arcana of the Tarot. If you're of a mind and haven't done so, please consider putting up a review on Amazon or Goodreads. The reviews will eventually allow Amazon to recommend my book to others, but I need 50 of them. Thanks in advance for helping me out!

  9) My post on binding earlier this week came from a reader suggestion, and I hope that if you have an idea for a blog, you'll let me know. That one seemed particularly timely. 

  10) Venus goes retrograde on Friday, and I'm hoping to coax her to do a blog installment before I leave on Thursday morning. She's usually pretty amenable to things like this, but I know she wants to get out of dodge for a while.

  I think that's it for the time being. Thanks as always for all of your support. Watch me on Facebook during my trip; I tend to be more active on social media when I travel or attend events because no one really cares generally what I'm eating for lunch or how many hours I've spent playing Civ (67). 

  I look forward to seeing you across my table soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment