Monday, November 4, 2019

Empowered Astrology Conference, March 26-29, 2020, Herndon, VA


One of the challenges of being an astrology student in the Washington, DC, metro area is that there aren't many opportunities for astrology conferences here. Let's face it: We live in a high-cost area and conference organizers are trying to keep prices down by holding events in cheaper regions.

The closest recent astrology conference was the National Council for Geocosmic Research (NCGR) 2019 Conference in Baltimore. Even then, it's a long way to drive there each day, and frankly, staying at a hotel at the Inner Harbor isn't cheap. The full conference could be as much as $500, too. 


So what's an astrology student to do?

If you're looking for a local DC conference that won't break the bank at $350, I'd strongly consider attending the Empowered Astrology Seminar, March 26-29, at the Hyatt-Regency Dulles in Herndon, VA. It's a four-day seminar run by astrologer Kathy Rose, a student of well-known astrologer Noel Tyl [TILL]. 

Kathy is an outstanding astrologer in her own right and presents regularly to astrology groups on the east coast and at both regional and national conferences. I met her last year at the SOTA conference and was impressed not only with the material she presented but also her teaching ability; she was by far one of the best presenters I've ever seen in my five years at that conference. You all know how important that is to me!

I attended the Seminar last year and really feel like I benefitted. I met tons of local astrologers and really got a thorough grounding in some of Tyl's techniques, which are simple on the surface but provide amazing results with clients. 

In addition, I felt like this conference was worth my time and money because:

  • It's local--Herndon is within 45 minutes of many locations in northern Virginia and the District, and is easily accessible from Maryland.
  • It's small--attendance is limited to only 50 people so it's a much more intimate experience than other conferences offered by other astrology organizations, so you get to know your fellow attendees and the presenters.
  • Days are packed--While the first day starts just after noon, the other days are all full days. 
  • Only one track--everyone attends the same sessions because there is only one session happening at a given time. At larger conferences, multiple tracks make it difficult to choose which individual lectures will be worth your time, or force you to purchase recordings of lectures, which may not always be of excellent quality. 

While meals are on your own dime, the seminar reserves a private room for the conference attendees to eat together. The conference provides menus and you can pick your lunch and/or dinner so it's ready for you at the appropriate time. It's very convenient. While it's not a requirement, I feel like I got a lot more out of the conference this way because I had the chance to network.

Most of you know that I don't shamelessly market anything other than myself, and that I wouldn't support any event that I did not completely believe in.

I'll be there in March and I'd love the opportunity to introduce you to Kathy and the rest of the attendees. Please consider attending and please let me know if you decide to join us. 

I hope see you in March! Tell Kathy that I sent you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment