Friday, November 22, 2019

Sun and Moon: Surprise Secret Solstice Sojourner?


Moon: Wow, Sol. That was a close one!

Sun: Totally my fault, Luna. I just lost my head for a moment. 

Moon: Don’t tell me...Mercury retrograde?

Sun: [laughs] No, I wasn't planning on blaming him, even though it seems to be in vogue at the moment. 

Moon: Well, I hope nobody noticed it. In this case, Mercury would have picked it up so I’m glad he’s out on travel. And you got an unexpected assist from Venus. 

Sun: Yes, that was fortuitous! But...

Moon: Yes?

Sun: Now I’m second-guessing myself. 

Moon: [pause] You don’t think it’s a good idea to invite him to the party now. 

Sun: I’ve been re-thinking things a little bit. And no, not because it’s Mercury retrograde!

Moon: I know where you are. It’s always been just the 10 of us and now you’re adding an 11th. You’re not sure how they’re going to take it. Is that about right?

Sun: Yes, and I wonder how the dynamic will change. I know all these planets very well from our interactions over the years. This guy is a wild card. I want people to treat him with respect. 

Moon: And you want him to like you, too. Let’s not forget about that. 

Sun: Of course I do. You always want your people to like you, but more importantly, you need to be able to like THEM so you can advocate for their success. I don’t know how he will take to my leadership. 

Moon: Well, I suspect there will be some friction. There always is. Our malefic colleagues do tend to stir things up. But nothing that he won’t be able to handle, I’m sure. And as for you, I have every faith that you’ll handle him the right way day-to-day. 

Sun: You’re right, Luna. And I can’t do anything about how people react to him or how he will react to me in the long-term. One thing I can say: This will definitely be a holiday party to remember. 

Moon: Indeed, Sol. [pause] Perhaps we can introduce him to everyone before certain planets get down to the very serious drinking that will likely ensue?

Sun: As always, my dear Luna, you are one step ahead. 

Moon: [beams]

No comments:

Post a Comment