Monday, June 29, 2020

Interview with Mars, Part 3




John: So you mentioned how much you love being in Aries. What sign are you in now?


Mars: Fuckin’ Pisces. Those fish don’t do me any favors, let me tell ya.

 

John: They ‘don’t do you any favors’?

 

Mars: You got a hearing problem or somethin’? You’re always repeating shit back to me. Seriously dude, that’s annoying as fuck.

 

John: It’s a specific technique used to elicit…you know what? Doesn’t fuckin’ matter. Tell me about the fish.

 

Mars: They’re too fuckin' lazy and dreamy. When I’m there I’m more underhanded and not up front about things. I’m aggressive but I don’t show it…more like what they call…ummm…

 

John: Passive-aggressive?

 

Mars: [points with a parmesean peppercorn drenched index finger] That’s the fucker right there! But here’s the great news: I WON’T BE THERE FOR LONG AND THEN IT’S GAME. FUCKING. ON!

 

John: You must be referring to you entering Aries soon?

 

Mars: JUNE 29 IS THE DAY! Can’t fucking wait!

 

John: So you move into Aries. That’s a pretty normal thing…happens once every two years and you’re in a sign for about six weeks, right? [Consults iPad] Oh shit. Not this time, though.

 

Mars: NOT THIS TIME. SIX MONTHS IN ARIES!

 

John: Damn. This could get…interesting. My ephemeris says you’re in Aries until early January.

 

Mars: AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

 

John: There are some folks who are a little bit scared about that fact, Mars.

 

Mars: I get it, I get it. People are sheep normally. But in Aries can bring people courage, make them brave!

 

John: [gestures] Go on.

 

Mars: Let’s say you know this hot girl and you’ve wanted to get in her pants but you haven’t had the stones to do it. A little shove from your buddy Mars might help you out! Want a raise but couldn’t ask before now? I help you step up to the plate!

 

John: So, if I understand you correctly, you might help people find the courage to address endemic problems in their lives?

 

Mars: [confused] Dude you’re doing it again! SPEAK ENGLISH FOR FUCK’S SAKE!

 

John: OK. I’ll try. With your help, people…step up and handle their shit?

 

Mars: What’s so fucking hard about that? If you tried you could talk that way all the time!

 

John: [eyeroll] Well, it certainly would be an attainable goal.

 

Mars: Dude!

 

John: Never mind, Mars, never mind. [consults iPad] My readers worry that you might bring a lot of conflict over that period of time.

 

Mars: Yeah, I probably will! But that doesn’t mean it’s going to suck. If you want to get shit started, I’m your man. If you want to have courage, I’m your man. I can give you the stones to do what you need to get done and I’m giving that energy to you for six months!

 

John: Very true. But aren’t also you the planet of violence and accidents?

 

Mars: Yeah, true story! But conflict is conflict. It isn’t always supposed to be a fight…because when it is…

 

John: [pauses]

 

Mars: I’m happy and proud of who I am, but I know what I’m not. I know I’m not smart like Mercury…I say things without thinkin’ and I act without even worryin’ about shit. I know how cool I am, but that’s not always a good thing. And when I’m in conflict, I’m flight or fight only, and I’m not worried about thinkin’, just survivin’ and winnin’. That’s my job.

 

John: You’re right. People need to be careful and try to use your energy productively. Is that a fair statement?

 

Mars: [nods] What you said, egghead! [Pause] Hey that rhymed! Merc would LOVE THAT SHIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment