Monday, January 19, 2015

7 Things to do if a Tarot Reading Makes You Uncomfortable

This is a fantastic article on tarot and getting readings! It actually summarizes some of the points that I try to stress when I read for people. 

One of the few things I would add is that we DO indeed know when you are lying or trying to make us prove ourselves to you. Luckily that only happens very rarely in my tarot practice; I'm blessed to have clients who are up front and honest. That's the way to get the most out of your reading, anyway; instead of going away disappointed you can get the information you came for. 

There is one other policy I live by in my tarot practice that seems to have served me well. Those of you who read cards may want to consider adopting it, and it's rather simple: I never pressure anyone to have a reading. Ever. It's not just because I'm not a hard-sell person, from a business perspective; it's greater than that. If people aren't ready for the message, you trying to get them to spill isn't going to help, and then they may get angry for a message they weren't prepared for. I actually regularly discourage clients who pressure others in front of me, too, by just reminding people that if they're too scared or not ready for a reading, that it's totally normal and there's nothing wrong with it. 

Anyway, enjoy the article! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment