Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tarot Tuesday: Can I Read for Myself?

Greetings dear readers. I've managed to wrest control of this blog away from my astrological planets--ok, fine, from Saturn!--with the understanding that I will produce one tarot blog a week. This will be a new feature known as Tarot Tuesday!

So let's start off with a common myth that I hear regularly:


You can't read tarot for yourself.

I try to debunk this one as often as I can, folks. Of course, you can read cards for yourself! I do it all the time.

If you're worried about being objective in that moment, then draw the cards, lay them out, take a picture on your phone, and come back to it in a few days. 

Some people like to do daily pulls, where the reader pulls a card and it's the theme for the day. This is also a great way to learn the cards. Pick one card, then consider its themes throughout the day. Write down your reflections at night. 

If you are interested in something more detailed, then you can add to your daily draw by starting on January 1. You will draw one card at random and keep it out the whole year; that card is one you'll learn very well. Then pull two more...one to represent the month (January) and one to represent the day. That way you have a tarot theme for the year, month, and day. This is a great way to bring some tarot into your daily life in a way that's painless and enlightening. 

By the way, please check out this article on A Little Spark of Joy if you want a review of the archetypes of the tarot's Major Arcana. 


No comments:

Post a Comment