Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Ren's Day: Venus Knows Best

[Ren walks up to Ms. Venus’ door and knocks. The door opens to a striking and shapely woman with a smile of perfect pearls.]

Venus: REN!!!

[Venus throws her arms around Ren and engulfs her in what can only be described as a python like grip.]

Ren: You must be Venus! It’s a pleasure to meet you.

Venus: Please, sit down. Cookie?

[Venus motions towards a giant worn leather chair, next to it a plate of cookies. Ren takes one.]

Venus: They’re butterscotch…I made them fresh this morning. Or perhaps you’d like white chocolate macadamia?

Ren: I’m fine, really. Thank you.

Venus: So what can I do for you, kiddo?

Ren: I’m trying to find my path and my purpose in life.

Venus: Well well well! That is certainly a mountain you are taking on. It’s a lot of effort, but if you are willing to put in the work I’m sure you’ll go far.

Ren: I was hoping you could help me try and find some sort of direction or meaning.

[Venus leans back in her chair with a pensive look, wrinkles forming between her manicured brows.]

Venus: When I was younger, life was about love first and money second, but then for a time money took over. Now I’m more in a love and money phase, and I think having both is good. At times, it can be too easy to lose yourself entirely in both. I think you need an anchor in one to keep you from going overboard in the other, if that makes sense.


Ren: It definitely does. But I have a problem of going big or going home.

Venus: You certainly are Mars’ daughter!

[Venus and Ren laugh]

Venus: I see you have a new love in your life. What does that feel like?

Ren: Honestly? It feels like breathing again when you didn’t even realize you had been holding your breath. It’s like suddenly my world is filled with color, but I hadn’t realized it was grey before. I have hope again and it’s the best feeling in the world.

[Venus squeals]

Venus: YES! This is what I've wanted for you for so long, and I’m so happy it’s finally here. And with one of my signs, a mighty Taurus man! He suits you well, my dear.

[Ren blushes.]

Ren: Thank you. I’m really happy. I’ve never been this happy for this long before. I’ve never been this happy, ever.

Venus: Wonderful! Now, what is work like?

Ren: I used to love it, but recently I’ve been feeling burned out and angry.

Venus: Well, I see you have a snowboarding trip with your Taurus man coming up, so you’ve got a Venus and Mars outlet. I recommend turning your phone off and forgetting about work the entire trip. Relax and cherish this time you get to have with your love. Time away from work might help you regain your love of the job.

[Ren nods in agreement.]

Venus: Well, I called ahead and let Lady Moon know you won’t be in next week. Oh! I also made you a doggy bag of cookies!

Ren: Thank you! Meeting you has been a treat.

Venus: Goodbye my dear, and have fun on the slopes! And off of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment