Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Tarot Tuesday: Do You Tell A Client Everything?



When I first started reading cards, I had clients who would ask me to "Only tell me the good stuff!" As time has gone on, however, that attitude among clients has shifted to "Please make sure to tell me everything, including the bad stuff!"

Generally speaking, I look at that change as a positive; people being more open to things they don't like is a good thing, in my opinion, because into each life some rain must fall, as they say.

But with this question what I want to focus on is "everything". That's a loaded word right there.

My job as I see it is to tell the client everything that comes up in the reading, no more and no less. I want to address the client's areas of concern, to the extent that I can, without infringing on the privacy of other people not involved in the reading.

In other words, if I see that something has the potential of happening that could impact a client, I say it. This includes things like breakups or the loss of someone or something close to them.

If you're not prepared to tell the client everything, here are a few things to consider.

Maybe it's the client; in other words, is this someone for whom you're not comfortable reading? Or could it be that you're not ready to read for other people in general? 

One other possibility is that you're afraid of your delivery. You aren't sure how to say what you're seeing in a compassionate way. We'll talk about that in another blog, but it is a skill you can learn and hone.

So yes, I tell a client everything I see--I don't hold back. And if the cards are in your hands, neither should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment