Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tarot Tuesday: Six of Swords

Six of Swords
Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot Deck
US Games Systems, Inc. 

Greetings everyone, and welcome to Tarot Tuesday!


Today's card is one of the few in the Swords suit that doesn't truly suck: The six. 


Check out the water on the card! You already can see there's an emotional component...see the rough on the right and the smooth to the left of the boat? The situation that this card describes is improving slowly; the boat will be through the rough waters soon. 


It can also represent feeling a little bit down...one might call it "the blues" as well. 


One of the more common meanings is the idea of travel or movement. When I get this card, often I tell people to take a trip, ideally one that is on or near water, or even overseas. Any type of water will do: Whitewater rafting, deep sea fishing, or a cottage by a river are all good examples. Water helps restore people and it is healing. 


This card is particularly important for me this week as I prepare for a vacation near water! I'm taking my own advice and getting away from my business for a while. I won't be seeing anyone professionally until March 12.


Until next time, good people! Catch you on the flip side. 

2 comments:

  1. I used to think that this card has a negative connotation as it appears to show a family fleeing with nothing... until this card came up at a time in my life that was extremely difficult. A friend of mine showed incredible compassion by taking me into her home so I could get back on my feet after running away from a toxic relationship. Now I see this card to represent being humble enough to accept help, and that smooth sailing is on the horizon. Thanks for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment, Wynter! Definitely sounds like it was a Six of Swords time for you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete