Thursday, April 2, 2020

Interview with the Moon, Part 1


John: Lady Moon, I can’t thank you enough for spending time with me.

Moon: Please, John, call me Luna. And I’m happy to be here, but I’m glad it’s a private interview.

John: Certainly, Luna. And why was it important for this to be private?

Moon: I’m not a big fan of attention as a general rule. I’d prefer to let the other planets handle it. Sol is much more comfortable in that role than I am.

John: That may be true, but a lot of people are very interested in hearing about you and what you do!

Moon: [blushes slightly] What I do is important, but most people don’t think about it much, because they FEEL me. I’m the emotional manager of the astrological world. When people do things, I may actually be the one pulling the strings.

John: Sun sign astrology doesn’t take your influence into account. Do you have a comment on that?

Moon: Publicly, I’ll say that the Sun is an extremely important part of astrology. But I’ll also remind people that invisible is not the same as unimportant.

John: Absolutely! I’d say that your responsibility for the body of our emotions is pretty vital.

Moon: Certainly. Now I know you’re supposed to be asking the questions, but I have one for you.

John: Sure, Lady…Luna, I mean.

Moon: What were you like as a child?

John: Mainly boring and serious. Emotionally I struggled a lot and I never wanted to talk about my feelings.

Moon: That makes a lot of sense to me. I’m sitting in Capricorn in your chart, right?

John: Yes, ma’am.

Moon: And as an adult, would you say you’re more or less like that?

John: Definitely less. I’m much better at expressing my emotions and handling them.

Moon: [beams] That’s exactly what I thought.

John: Wait…I’m confused about what just happened.

Moon: Part of my job is to represent you as a child. And not just you of course, but all humans. My sign will color your childhood and can represent your upbringing and any inherited habits your parents may have instilled in you.

John: I think I get it. The Sun tells me who I’m trying to become. Are you saying that you are…who I was?

Moon: [smiles] Yes! Capricorn Moon people are excellent at putting the bottom line on things, as you have just done. I’m that instinctive part of you, the part that acts without reason.  

John: Fascinating!

Moon: Indeed. You’ve heard the term “run home to momma”, I assume?

John: Yes, of course.

Moon: Your Moon sign will dictate how you do that. When you struggle emotionally, I’ll tell you what you’re most likely to do, whether it’s positive or negative. It’s like a knee-jerk instinct. Some people might also call it the crisis mode; when it hits, your first thoughts will be of me. 

John: If I follow that to its conclusion, you would be momma, then?

Moon: [smiles] Precisely. I represent a person’s mother and their relationship with their mom. In both genders, though, I represent how a person nurtures other people.

John: Wow. There is so much more to you than meets the eye, Luna! And I can see why knowing where your Moon sign is would have a tremendous impact on your life.

Moon: [beams] You always knew I was more than just a pretty face!

John: This would explain why I don’t see you in the blog much.

Moon: Yes. In some ways, I’m busier than Sol, and I have to nurture and take care of him, too. Don’t tell him that, though…he has enough on his plate.

John: Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment