Saturday, April 4, 2020

Interview with the Moon, Part 3



John: Luna, I feel like we’ve been talking for a while now and I’m just scratching the surface of who you are.

Moon: That’s how it usually is with me. You may need more time with me than some of the other planets, John…sorry about that.

John: No apologies required, Luna! I’ll break it up as I need to for people to understand you and present it in the best possible light. Let me handle that part of it. [checks notes] The Sun was telling me that the sign he’s in will indicate how his energy is expressed in a given individual. Could we say the same for you?

Moon: Absolutely. How I perform depends upon several factors, and what sign I happen to be in during a person’s birth is a very important one.

John: And while he shines, you…feel?

Moon: Yes. In certain signs my energy flows very freely, like a river, and in other signs, not as much.

John: Some examples, please, if you would, Luna.

Moon: Of course, John. The river of my energy flows at its most free in Cancer, the sign that I rule. It conveys an incredible sensitivity and a strong desire to nurture. Lunar Cancer folks want to help, but sometimes they want to do too much for others. Remember that when I’m in Cancer, it’s not necessarily the best position for me, but it’s the one where I’m the most powerful. And there’s another thing I forgot to mention earlier that bears mention here.

John: Certainly. And what’s that?

Moon: I forgot another word that comes from moon and that is moody! Lunar Crabs have moods that change very rapidly. They also tend to be a little too overprotective. But yes…the river of energy moves rapidly here with nothing to stop it. It can overwhelm, too.

John: So, Cancer is the sign that you rule. In what other signs do you perform well?

Moon: Taurus would be my next choice, and again, there are those who will argue that Taurus is better for me than Cancer. Lunar Bulls are very calm and keep their heads when there is a crisis. It’s a great position for patience and any field that requires it, like counseling.

John: What kind of river are we talking about here?

Moon: Think of the lazy river. It moves slowly enough for you to handle it easily, but still flows very well. This is my exaltation…did Sol talk about that?

John: Yes, he did. It’s a favored position for a planet, right?

Moon: [nods] Indeed. It has a lot of good qualities and very few bad ones, but it lacks the raw power of being in rulership…in this case, in Cancer.

John: The Sun also mentioned a few signs that he struggles in. Can we talk about that?

Moon: [sigh] Yes. There are a few signs where I’m just not at my best for various reasons. One of them is Scorpio.

John: Oh, I see. Can you explain why that is?

Moon: [pause] Sure, but it’s hard and I feel for Lunar Scorpios. These folks can have many challenges. Scorpio is an extremely intense sign with a strong, deep emotional core. Think of a river with a very strong current, as well as lots of rocks to block the flow and deep pools to get lost in.

John: Wow. That sounds like it could be difficult.

Moon: Scorpio Moon people really do have a few things to learn about navigating my energy. [pause] This is sort of painful for me, because it is hard for so many of them. Scorpio is my fall position and it can sometimes be very nasty. With that said, I really don’t want to go into any further detail, all right?

John: [nods] I think people will get the general idea. We do have one more position to talk about. I don’t want to push, but…

Moon: [sniffles] I understand. I wish I worked well for everyone, but sometimes it’s just not possible at the start. Even with its challenges, Scorpio Moon does have a psychic side and is a great lie detector. Also, Scorpio Moon friends are amazing because they’re among the most loyal you can have.

John: It’s good to see the positives, too, Luna.

Luna: [nods]

John: Please understand how much my readers will appreciate your insights. Many of them are beginners and they want to understand you. [pause] I do hesitate to say this, but there’s one more Moon position we need to talk about.

Moon: Yes, there is. [sigh] My detriment sign is one you know very well. It’s the Capricorn Moon.

John: [nods] Go on, please.

Moon: The challenge here is that the sign of Capricorn is ruled by old man Saturn. [pause] Have you had an interview with him yet?

John: No, ma’am. We’ll get there eventually. But if there’s something that’s important for you to say about him…

Moon: I don’t want to steal his thunder, but he has a very specific job and it involves restriction. When I’m in Capricorn he does just that to me: He restricts my energy and makes it hard for it to flow. Think of it like a dam, with the energy building up behind it.

John: That sounds eerily familiar.

Moon: Imagine! [smirks] You have it yourself, so you understand. As a child you were “serious” and “boring” and you “struggled emotionally.” Those are standard effects when I’m in Capricorn.

John: But many people would say that I’m not like that! I’ve had people tell me that I’m warm, sensitive, empathetic and understanding. How do you explain that?

Moon: [smiles] That, dear man, is the best part of having the Moon in Capricorn. You may start the race two lengths behind everyone else emotionally, but you’ve done an incredible amount of work to overcome the limitations of that placement. You had the furthest to climb but are within reach of the best parts of my energy because you have been forced to work at it.

John: That’s true, I have worked at it.

Moon: Your “Silent John” persona that you’ve discussed in your blog is the Moon in Capricorn. And remember: There are benefits to every Moon position. In this case, organizational expertise, leadership skills, a “mission first” mentality, and the ability to make hard decisions on your own come with this complex package. That’s why you commanded such respect in a high school classroom, Mr. Marani.

John: I haven’t been called that in years, Luna. Takes me back. 

2 comments: