Sunday, April 5, 2020

Interview with the Moon, Part 4



John: This conversation has been so enlightening, Luna. I appreciate your candor and the depth of feeling you’ve shown throughout.

Moon: Of course. Anything to help your readers understand me better.

John: I’d like to go back and summarize what we’ve talked about, if we could. Do you think we have time for that?

Moon: Certainly. I told Sol I’d need the rest of the day off so I can take care of myself. So, let’s finish up, young man, and I’ll go do that.

John: Yes, ma’am. [flips through iPad]. You’re the emotional center of the astrological world, right?

Moon: Certainly. I determine how people feel, and my energy is instinctive and not rational.

John: “Not rational” is a counterpoint to the Sun’s “reason”, would you say?

Moon: Yes, indeed. He will tell you what makes sense. What I do may not make sense at all; it’s almost like autopilot.

John: You mentioned crisis mode earlier. Can we briefly go back to that?

Moon: When a crisis happens in your life, the tendency is to run to the Moon—back to momma, as they say. I determine how you’ll do that. Again, it’s not reason that is guiding you here. It’s instinct.

John: Right. And you represent our child selves, as I recall. So, as a child you might show more of the Moon sign characteristics than the Sun.

Moon: Correct. Ideally, you are working through the negative parts of your Moon sign and becoming your Sun sign by embracing its positive qualities to shine in the world.

John: Does everyone become their Sun sign eventually?

Moon: Not necessarily, no. At that point it’s about personal and spiritual development. It takes a great deal of desire to become your Sun, and unfortunately many folks don’t know where to begin. That’s why astrologers are so important: They connect with many people on a higher level and guide folks toward areas where they can grow.

John: Good point. Astrologers who empower are the ones you want to work and study with. I’ve been lucky to study with a number of amazing teachers over the years. [pause] You’re the fastest planet in the astrological world, right?

Moon: Yes, I am. I get through all the signs in 27.333 days, known as the sidereal cycle.

John: But it takes you longer to catch the Sun, since he is also moving. 29.5 days as I recall, right?

Moon: Definitely. That’s my synodic cycle with the Sun. And when I pass him, that’s the new Moon.

John: Yes. That’s where you download new energy for the lunar cycle. Would you say that’s a good time to start projects?

Moon: Absolutely! If you look at where the new Moon falls in your chart you can find out the area where you might find these opportunities.

John: That’s totally intriguing. Hmmm. We’ll have to come back to that, but unfortunately, we don’t have time now. [checks notes again] And about two weeks later, you’re opposite the Sun, and that’s the full Moon.

Moon: Yes, and I’m always in the opposite sign of the Sun too at that point.

John: Makes sense.

Moon: [phone buzzes] That’s my extrovert alarm. Five minute warning.

John: Yes, ma’am. I’d like to confirm what we learned about you in various signs, if we could. You’re at your strongest in Cancer and Taurus, right?

Moon: Certainly. These are the signs in which I’m most comfortable, for sure.

John: And you struggle the most in Scorpio and Capricorn.  

Moon: [sigh] Yes, but please make sure to remind your listeners that those are not a life sentence of suffering. You can always develop; therefore, these positions are where you start. Where someone ends up is ultimately up to them.

John: [closes iPad] Thank you, Luna. I’m sincerely grateful for your time and I know they will feel more enlightened after reading this interview.

Moon: [nods]

John: I’ll leave you now. Rest well!

No comments:

Post a Comment