Saturday, May 16, 2020

Interview with Venus, Part 6



John: But you don’t retrograde often, right?

 

Venus: No! Hardly ever. But with everything I’ve got to do I also need a break.

 

John: “Hardly ever” is a little vague for us. Could we have a timeframe?

 

Venus: About every 19 months I go retrograde for forty days or so. Mercury told me it’s a mere 7.2% of my time is in retrograde.

 

John: That sounds about right. [consults iPad again] So what would you say about how you behave during your retrograde periods?

 

Venus: Well, coming up in a few short days—May 14 to be exact—I’ll turn retrograde in Gemini. So, this is an excellent time to talk about it.

 

John: Great! Let’s drill into the details.

 

Venus: Hilary Harley did a wonderful job describing it on this blog a few weeks ago. Shouldn’t people just read that one?

 

John: Of course! Hilary is extremely talented. But we want to hear it directly from you, too.  

 

Venus: [hesitates] Well…to be honest, I am not at my best when I’m retrograde. I tend to be more like…well, Mars.

 

John: Could you explain that for us?

 

Venus: I know how it sounds. I’m a pleasant planet, usually, but when I’m moving backwards there is a lot more emphasis on the conflict than the cooperation. In other words, problems linked to me tend to be much more…apparent.

 

John: I see. So, if I know a couple that is struggling, when you come along and turn retrograde, what could they experience?

 

Venus: All of these impacts are individual, but I can say that both of these people might start to see even more problems than usual. There may not actually be more of them, but they might be highlighted or magnified.

 

John: If I can rephrase, it’s almost like they’re re-evaluating the relationship?

 

Venus: YES. That’s perfect! My retrograde periods are a time of reconsidering anything under my purview. Relationships are big one, but of course spending is another topic that can come up with my association with money.

 

John: Any others that come to mind?

 

Venus: Friendships. Fashion choices. Decorating. Our hairstyle and makeup habits. What we enjoy. And our tastes and values. All of these can be called into question.

 

John: Wow. That’s a lot!

 

Venus: It certainly is.

 

John: As we go through this period, what advice do you give to people who end up feeling like something isn’t working for them anymore?

 

Venus: Remember how I said, ‘Work is a four-letter word’?

 

John: [smiles] Yes, I seem to recall that exchange.

 

Venus: My job is not to do stuff, like I said. It involves work and I’m not into that. If someone is feeling like something isn’t working for them anymore, then you do what I do: NOTHING!

 

John: Wait a minute. You’re saying that if I’m realizing that I don’t…I don’t know, want to eat pasta ever again…

 

Venus: OK, who is unrealistic NOW? [laughs]

 

John: [chuckles] Touché, Venus. Of course, THAT would never happen. Let’s try something else. So what if I say I hate the way my bedroom looks and I want to redo it?

 

Venus: Good example! My answer is still the same. While I’m retrograde, DO NOTHING. Take a nap. Eat some good food. Whatever. But do NOT make any big decisions. Don’t call a contractor or an interior designer. Don’t look at paint swatches. But DO remember what you don’t like.

 

John: Why shouldn’t I act on these feelings?

 

Venus: Because when I go direct, people tend to change their minds! Again! So, you tread carefully until I go direct. THEN you act. But not before.

 

John: You said earlier that people who are having relationship problems should do nothing, right?

 

Venus: Yes, unless there’s abuse or another similar situation. In that case, you do whatever you have to do to keep you and yours safe immediately! But generally, the problems I’m referring to can wait for a few weeks since they have likely sat unaddressed for a long time. Re-evaluate during my retrograde, and then decide what to do for certain when it’s over—which, incidentally, is on June 25.

 

John: I’m guessing I shouldn’t choose to buy my dream car or any other big-ticket items in the next few months.

 

Venus: [touches John on the shoulder] It’s better to hold off to make completely sure it is really what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment