Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Interview with Venus, Part 9



John: So now we must move on to…

 

Venus: [sigh] I’ve read the other blogs, so I know where this is going.

 

John: My apologies. Then you also know that I must, regrettably, press on.

 

Venus: [nods] What’s that smell?

 

John: It’s one of those chocolate lava cakes. I’m having it heated up now and you can have it before you leave.

 

Venus: [smiles] You are so thoughtful and kind.

 

John: I’m trying as hard as I can to make this easy for you.

 

Venus: [sigh] So I don’t do particularly well in Virgo. It’s a really fussy sign sometimes, and while Mercury’s influence is good for being discriminating, it has a perfectionistic streak that can be challenging to manage.

 

John: Do you mean that nothing is quite right for the Venus in Virgo person?

 

Venus: That’s one possibility. The Venus in Virgo person has to get just the right fit. And remember we’re not just talking about things but people as well. In the right context, though, it can be a very powerful force.

 

John: But Mercury’s influence over the sign of Virgo is the reason for the challenges?

 

Venus: Yes, that’s a good way of putting it. The bottom line is that Virgo is a cerebral sign and not really a sensual one, and as the pleasure center of the Zodiac a person with me in this sign has to work harder to perform well. And we’ve already talked about how I feel about work.

 

John: Four-letter word, right?

 

Venus: You catch on quickly!

 

John: So, Virgo is your fall position. What are your detriment signs? My readers will want to know.

 

Venus: Unfortunately, that’s all too easy. Any sign that is ruled by my male counterpart, Mars, can really force a person to push hard to work with me. Those are Aries and Scorpio.

 

John: Wait a second. I thought Scorpio was ruled by Pluto, so I’m a little confused.

 

Venus: It depends who you ask. In the ancient world, Mars had dominion over both Aries and Scorpio. They really are two sides of the same coin, but I don’t want to steal his thunder. I love that man but I can’t come close to capturing his unique…style and flair.

 

John: Not a problem. We have more than enough to discuss and he’s next on my list of interviews.

 

Venus: Excellent! [pauses] So Aries is a true powerhouse, but my energy requires more finesse. Aries is kind of a blunt sign, and they are not as concerned with the proprieties of balanced relationships. They want excitement and they want things to happen quickly.

 

John: What ‘things’ are you talking about?

 

Venus: Well…Venus in Aries folks can have a predilection toward the more physical aspects of love. They can find that activity endlessly exciting. While it is an important part of every relationship, when it’s the focus of any coupling deep development between the people runs into difficulty.

 

John: So, they want exciting, sexual relationships and are not as concerned about them lasting?

 

Venus: That’s one possibility. These people want to make an immediate impact, and on a creative level it may mean they lack the patience to let their true creativity shine through. In other words, they may throw something together to say it’s done instead of being patient. But boy…they do love the thrill of chasing new projects…and people!

 

John: Fascinating. And I see you saved Scorpio for last.

 

Venus: So, I’m in Scorpio in your chart. Why don’t you tell me what I’m like there instead of a theory?

 

John: I adore you, Venus.

 

Venus: I’m glad you led with that. I love you, too. That won’t change no matter what you say next.

 

John: [pause] I’m glad to hear that, because I have had my share of struggles with you. Dating was hard for me. Breaking up was even harder. I was your standard tortured soul. No one seemed right, looking for love in all the wrong places as the song goes, until I met Jen. And then, everything changed.

 

Venus: Interesting. She also has Venus in Scorpio, right next to your Sun, as I recall. That’s a serious love connection. I know we’re not talking about more than one chart so…

 

John: No, but it’s worth mentioning for people to think about it. With both Jen and I having Venus in Scorpio, it was a great match because this sign is looking for that ONE person. Clearly Jen and I have found that person, and her Venus being next to my Sun is a great connection for love. But I definitely went through some painful years.  

 

Venus: I feel you. But she’s amazing, so it was worth it.

 

John: I agree. What would you say to those Venus in Scorpio people who haven’t found the person who fits?

 

Venus: Stay positive. Don’t force anything. If it feels right, go with it. And if it doesn’t, don’t force it. There are always other relationships. And don’t forget how important your friends are, in these times and all times.

 

John: And I would add that being in a bad relationship is worse than being alone.

 

Venus: I TOTALLY DISAGREE!

 

John: Yes, I suspected you would, but we will have to agree to disagree on that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment