Anyway, here are my musical offerings for the day. I had plenty of good ones to pick from but these come to mind right away.
1) "Roll Tide" from the Crimson Tide Soundtrack--this whole soundtrack was fantastic, but this track in particular was very moving and powerful. You could feel the ocean!
2) & 3) "Wipeout"--Ok so there are two versions of this one I like. The original was done by the Surfaris--another of my favorite band names!--but I also liked the Beach Boys and Fat Boys collaborative effort. Both have their merits.
4) "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid Soundtrack--What a funny amazing little ditty this is! Is it back in your head yet? If it's not, how about NOW?
5) "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Iron Maiden--This joyous tribute to one of the most amazing poems ever written is hands down one of my absolute favorites and the lead singer's voice is opera quality. You have to hear it to understand.
6) "Red Red Wine" by UB40. I love this song but I also hate it when I listen to it too much. I guess I hate red red wine too after I've drunk to much of it as well. But really, "too much wine" isn't really a problem for me.
7) "Shots" by LFMAO and Lil' Jon--If you're interested in getting three sheets to the wind and sex with strangers, this song is definitely for you!
8) "Neptune, the Mystic" from Holst's "The Planets" suite. This is a lyrical, beautiful tribute to me. I actually use it as my wake up song, but luckily my alarm never seems to go off when it should.
9) "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison--This song is on John's phone and is a ringtone for one of his dearest friends.
10) "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder--One person's superstition is another person's spirituality. Be careful when you use this word, because it's all relative.
It's been great being back in the driver's seat and about a topic that is near and dear to my heart! Rock on, good people! :)