Originally, I wasn't supposed to be doing one of these, but it sounded like fun! And since it was Sunday, that helped make up my mind! So here goes:
1) "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles--A total classic in every sense of the word.
2) "You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder--Just that phrase alone should make you smile and feel warm.
3) "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden--I wasn't sure I'd like this tune, but it's got some very nice intensity, especially toward the end.
4) "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama--The summer sure can be cruel these days if you don't wear sunscreen and be careful out there! No melanoma or sun poisoning for you!
5) "Albino Sunburned Girl" by Ween--See #4. What are you doing taking such health risks, young lady?
6) Anything by the Suntones, a fantastic a cappella group from way back. I'm a big fan of their version of "This is My Country" and "Danny Boy". Sounds like one person singing.
7) "Walkin' on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves--This is a totally rad 80s hit that is infectious. If I was more malicious, I'd leave Saturn voice mails of this song to piss him off.
8) "Walkin' on the Sun" by Smash Mouth--I heard this song so often that I had to wonder if people understood they'd be dead long before they got close enough to walk on me. Hmmm.
9) "Beyond the Sunset" by Blackmore's Night--Gorgeous guitar work on this piece! I've gotta be in the right mood for it, though.
10) "Sunrise, Sunset" from the "Fiddler on the Roof" Soundtrack. Who could forget this powerful tune that really anchors the show?
Anyway, I'm glad to have the opportunity to help John bask in the sun, at least metaphorically speaking. :)