OK...so here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
1) "Age of Aquarius" by 5th Dimension--Finally a song with some astrology lyrics: "When the Moooooooon is in the 7th house...and Jupiter aligns with Mars..." Just amazing!
2) "Punk Rock Girl" by the Dead Milkmen--Just a fun, offbeat little tune about weird teenagers. What could be better?
3) "Stop Children What's That Sound?" by Buffalo Springfield. This is the ultimate civil rights-era protest song, good people.
4) "Love on a Real Train" by Tangerine Dream--Electronica at its finest from a legendary group of the genre. If you saw "Risky Business" you remember this one, back when Tom Cruise and Rebecca DeMornay could turn heads. Speaking personally I can't say public transit turns me on...but to each his own, right, Mercury?
5) "Revolution" by the Beatles--Another fantastic song about a topic near and dear to my heart!
6) "(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone" by Paul Revere and the Raiders. You probably heard the Monkees do this one later on, but the original really rocks!
7) "Purple Rain" by Prince and the Revolution--One of the ultimate songs of the 80s, good people!
8) "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol--America fuck yeah!
9) "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac--This is practically my life's motto!
10) "No Anchovies Please" by the J. Geils Band. Seriously, this song is totally WHACK. But listen to it anyway...it always makes me chuckle.
And...I'm out! [drops mic]