Monday, January 22, 2018

New Moon in Capricorn: Why Have Things Been Weird Lately?

January 16, 2018
New Moon in Capricorn

Hello everyone...Luna here with hopefully some reassurance about the recent energy around me. 

Also, before I forget, Tara of Astrology by Tara does a truly wonderful job of putting my cycles in perspective, but she's a little busy right now. I checked up on her earlier and she assures me that she's fine and will have a report for you on my full moon eclipse in a few weeks. 

First of all, let me apologize for any inconvenience my recent motions may have caused you. I've been collecting reports and it appears that my recent move into my "new" phase has unsettled people. There seems to be a lot of nastiness, and some have even said it's almost like Mercury is in retrograde. Thankfully, my Erin Condren planner says he's direct right now.

So let's start with some basic information. As you've heard before, when Sol is in a particular sign, my new phase is always in that sign. On January 16, he was still in Capricorn, and on that day, so was I.

Part of the challenge from this new moon is that I'm in Capricorn. My favorite sign is Cancer, and the two signs are opposites. I really struggle in Saturn-ruled signs, so the energy of this new moon is going to be heavy and ponderous. 

Likely you'll feel inspired to start long-term projects and make substantive change, but it can make people also feel depressed and overwhelmed. 

At the same time, Mars in Scorpio will be passing over Jupiter, and with the two of them together people might feel emboldened toward the more negative Scorpio traits, such as passive-aggressive behavior, thinly-veiled hostility, and even pettiness such as revenge.

Once again, let me apologize for any inconvenience my recent new moon may have caused. With the coming eclipse on the 31st, you can expect more emotional turbulence overall, and perhaps even bigger upheaval to come. How it will affect you will really depend on your chart, but I'm not really comfortable doing these blogs on my own yet. So I'll leave that to Tara. 

Have as good a new moon as you can, dear friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment