Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tarot Tuesday: Two of Swords

Two of Swords, Rider-Waite Smith Tarot
Copyright US Games Systems, Inc.

I've been seeing quite a bit of this card recently. But a person drawing this card probably isn't seeing what's really going on. In fact, she's choosing not to see it. 

A pretty common read on this one is denial. The person is blindfolded and looking away from the water--emotion--because they're avoiding it.  I love to call this card "LA LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU!"

I'll often tell clients, "You don't know what you don't know here. It's not as bad as you imagine." But the client has to choose to take off the blindfold. 

We'll discuss the imagery of the blindfold in a later blog. But it's a very important piece of the puzzle on this card. 

Traditionally, this card can represent avoidance or any of its synonyms, like evasion. 


I'll also say that sometimes it's not a negative card. You do have to turn your back on people sometimes, especially when they are toxic or have shown a willingness to take advantage of you. This is a great technique for energy vamps, for example. 


One final note: A tarot article I read gave the meaning "bipolar disorder" for this card. For me, the jury is still out; that would probably be more of a Cups matter, in my humble opinion. But it's something to keep in your palette of meanings!

No comments:

Post a Comment